Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com> on 2009/04/21 15:49:23 UTC

[OT] Xalan and Google App Engine

I realize that this is probably a google app engine (GAE) issue, but i thought i'd float it by you smart folks, as i'm guessing you will have a better guess.

I built a google web app that requires XPath. Unfortunately GAE apparently doesn't have support for xpath, and so i added xalan.jar, serializer.jar etc to my
WEB-INF/lib. When I run, i get an exception with the pertainent parts being:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to create an XPathFactory for the default object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom with the XPathFactoryConfigurationException: javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfigurationException: No XPathFactory implementation found for the object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
	at javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)I tried adding a META-INF/services/javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory file that referred to org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathFactoryImplbut that didn't seem to make a difference.Anyone know how i can get GAE to notice XPath as the provider for XPath?

Re: [OT] Xalan and Google App Engine

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Perhaps you're hitting this bug [1][2] in the JDK. If so, putting the JAXP
1.3 xml-apis.jar from Xalan (or Xerces) in the endorsed directory should
solve it.

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6202043
[2] http://markmail.org/message/rvlroblxyza3xt3v

Michael Glavassevich