Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Diego Salvi <lo...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/13 10:37:32 UTC

Prometheus metrics provider > upgrade dataskeches lib

Hi,
I was looking into prometheus-metrics-provider dependencies and I found a
dependency to com.yahoo.datasketches:sketches-core:0.8.3.
This is really a very old implementation pre apache incubating. Currently
it has been ported from yahoo to apache with a current version 3.3.0.
In the meantime it changed packages too.
Wouldn't it be better to upgrade the dependency to a stable one?

Diego Salvi

Re: Prometheus metrics provider > upgrade dataskeches lib

Posted by ZhangJian He <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Salvi. I have tried it in https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/3264
and sent an issue to https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/issues/398
You can see these for details. Recently, I had no time to keep working on
this. Thank you for working on this.

Thanks
ZhangJian He

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.