Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2001/01/12 21:28:32 UTC

AddHandler server-parsed .shtml no longer allowed?

During the recent hook changes the "AddHandler server-parsed .shtml" directive
seems to have become illegal. I know that this old directive was odd (given
that mod_include is a filter and has no handler associated with it), but all
I was getting was a "500 Internal Server Error" and a log that said
"server-parsed handler not found". I thought this was odd since the default
handler should have taken care of it as it always has.

I may have missed the message indicating that we should eliminate AddHandler
directives in the conf file, but I think it might be helpful for all the nice
folks that have existing conf files with the old directive in them if we gave
them a parse error or a better runtime error of some kind.

By the way, does this change impact all AddHandler directives or just ones
related to filter-only modules?

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein