Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Terry Healy <th...@bnl.gov> on 2012/12/13 20:21:57 UTC

AVRO M/R: ClassNotFoundException: ...Paranamer

Using Avro 1.7.3 with hadoop-0.20.2 Under MapR M3.

I have sucessfully used AVRO in Non-Map/Reduce jobs to read and write
AVRO format from HDFS. Now I'm running code based on the
AvroGenericMaxTemperature example in Chapter 4 of Tom White's "Hadoop -
The definitive Guide" to convert many large .tsv files to AVRO format.

My code uses the DistributedCache.addFileToClassPath() method to pass
avro-1.7.3.jar and avro-mapred-1.7.3-hadoop1.jar to the TT.

When run, all the map jobs fail due to: ClassNotFoundException:
com.thoughtworks.paranamer.Paranamer

I did a lot of digging around and wound up using the DistributedCache to
pass avro-tools-1.6.1.jar in an attempt to resolve this. This goes to
hell like this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
	at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:401)

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Re: AVRO M/R: ClassNotFoundException: ...Paranamer

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
i had this too ad some point. i just added paranemer to distributed cache
(or classpath on hadoop) and it went away