Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Palic, Darko" <da...@gmx.de> on 2004/05/21 10:26:11 UTC

missing lib libexpat.so.1

Hello List,

I'm using SuSE9.1 and I cannot find the libexpat.so.1.
I have also troubles to get a connection to the cvs. Is something broken?

 My questions now are:
- how can I use subclipse under SuSE9.1
- may I compile the sources? If so, what should I check out and compile?

Best regards,
Darko

Re: missing lib libexpat.so.1

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
Palic, Darko wrote:
> I'm using SuSE9.1 and I cannot find the libexpat.so.1.

I'm pretty sure there is an expat package, since that is a popular XML parser.
I can't tell you the exact name though, since that is probably different from
Debian which I use. I'd look for 'libexpat' or 'libexpat-devel' or something
like that though.

> I have also troubles to get a connection to the cvs. Is something broken?

There is no cvs, subversion is stored in a subversion repository.

>  My questions now are:
> - how can I use subclipse under SuSE9.1

Oh, you are talking about subclipse? I think that has its own dedicated
mailinglist.

> - may I compile the sources? If so, what should I check out and compile?

If I were you, I'd rather look for binary packages unless I have a good reason
to compile from sources.

Uli