Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org> on 2016/09/24 05:42:58 UTC

Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC3 issues have been resolved

First and foremost, Roman Shaposhnik and Justin Mclean have been
instrumental in identifying several issues. They continue to mentor and
humbly guide us through our initial IP release. We have learned of the
benefits of the ASF and what it means to be a community. Thank you
gentlemen!

Goden,

We are ready for RC4.

The following Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC3 issues have been resolved:

Remove ASF Category X incompatible JSON Perl Module (Artistic license)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1062

Declare PL/Perl's ppport.h source file to be an Artistic License exception.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1065

Remove ASF headers from tools/bin/ext/simplejson and tools/bin/ext/yaml
components
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1072

Remove unused src/backend/libgppc project files
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1073

General LICENSE cleanup and synchronization with pom.xml
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1074

Note(s):

   - The changes have been applied to Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating and
   master branches.
   - The passing Apache RAT report has been attached to the following
   issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1074

Regards,
-=e

--
*Ed Espino*
*espino@apache.org <es...@apache.org>*

Re: Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC3 issues have been resolved

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Ed Espino <es...@apache.org> wrote:
> First and foremost, Roman Shaposhnik and Justin Mclean have been
> instrumental in identifying several issues. They continue to mentor and
> humbly guide us through our initial IP release. We have learned of the
> benefits of the ASF and what it means to be a community. Thank you
> gentlemen!

Thanks for the kind words! Justin did all the major heavy lifting
anyway -- I just
happened to be lucky to have him as a friend!

Thanks,
Roman.