Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Roberts <te...@ait-web.com> on 2004/03/31 18:23:07 UTC

Having trouble getting started

I am using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24

I downloaded jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.0.5

I have a tomcat context in webapps/jstl/ that works for simple JSP files.

I placed c.tld and fmt.tld in webapps/jstl/WEB-INF/tld/

I placed jstl.jar and standard.jar into webapps/jstl/WEB-INF/classes/lib/

Here is a copy of my web.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app
     "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">
<web-app>
     <welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>
             index.jsp
         </welcome-file>
     </welcome-file-list>

     <taglib>
         <taglib-uri>/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
         <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld</taglib-location>
     </taglib>

     <taglib>
         <taglib-uri>/jstl/fmt</taglib-uri>
         <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
     </taglib>
</web-app>

I restarted Tomcat and JSP files work correctly at the /jstl/ context

Here is a copy of my JSP file:

<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<head>
</head>
<c:set var="hi" value="Hello"/>
<c:out value="${hi}"/>

This is the error it get:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(6,0) Unable to load class set
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseCustomTag(Unknown Source)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks