Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/07/16 12:19:16 UTC

Global access control setup

Hi Lenya developers,

we're about to make the sitemap access control configuration
global (i.e., publication-independent).

I guess we have to separate external (access controlled) requests
from internal requests. Maybe we should agree on a pattern to
distinguish internal from external requests:

- "**.xml" (con: does not allow viewing XML from "outside")
- "internal/**"

I see two general approaches:

1) a sitemap mounting appropriate sub-sitemaps.

<map:match pattern="**.xml" internal-only="true">
   <map:mount src="internal.xmap"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="**">
   <map:act type="authorizer">
     <map:mount src="external.xmap"/>
   </map:act>
   <map:redirect-to uri="{request:requestURI}?lenya.usecase=login"/>
</map:match>

2) instead of mounting, use sub-matchers inside the main sitemap.

What do you think?

Andreas

Re: Global access control setup

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> I guess we have to separate external (access controlled) requests
>> from internal requests. Maybe we should agree on a pattern to
>> distinguish internal from external requests:
>>
>> - "**.xml" (con: does not allow viewing XML from "outside")
>> - "internal/**"
>
> i prefer internal/** since we may want to expose xml to the outside
> world (rss and friends)

+1

>> 1) a sitemap mounting appropriate sub-sitemaps.
>
>> 2) instead of mounting, use sub-matchers inside the main sitemap.
>
> not sure about the pros / cons of these two. can you elaborate?

I prefer (1) as it enables us to build a separated access control
layer on top of the existing sitemap (that can actually stay
untouched - no need for splitting it).

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya