Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sasha Tartchinski <to...@home.com> on 2001/08/22 22:50:09 UTC

Integratin apache with tomcat 4.0-b7 works!!

Hello, i have followed this step to integrate apache 1.3.20 with tomcat
4.0-b7. It works fine for me on
Debian(unstable) and RedHat Linux 7.1

Please reply and let me know if it worked.

1. Download apache.
2. Install apache.
3. Install apache with this option
                                                    ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \

--enable-module=so \

--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
                                                    make
                                                    make install
4. Dowload jakarta 4.0-b7
5. Install jakarta
6. Download webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7.src.tar.gz
7. cd webapp
8. rm -rf apr
9. in the same directory do    cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
                                               password: anoncvs
10.get this              cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -r APACHE_2_0_22 apr
11. run this     ./support/buildconf.sh
12. and then run     ./configure
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs   (or where ever you installed
apache)
13    make
14     cp mod_webapp.so to apache/libexec
15     vi httpd.conf and add the following to the end
                     LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
                    WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
                    WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
16.   Change ServerName to localhost in httpd.conf
17.   in server.xml  add defaultHost="localhost"
            so it looks like this
        <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is
set to -->
        <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"

        name="Apache" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0"
appBase="webapps">
18 set CATALINA_HOME
19 start catalina
20 start apache
21 check http://localhost/examples/
22. it should work

GOOD LUCK

Alexandre.

test

Posted by Sasha Tartchinski <to...@home.com>.

Re: Integratin apache with tomcat 4.0-b7 works!!

Posted by shine <to...@home.com>.

Posted by root <to...@home.com>.
jus a test

Re: Integratin apache with tomcat 4.0-b7 works!!

Posted by Bekkali Hatim - Soamaï <hb...@soamai.com>.

Hi

i have redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.18 ( Va linux) , apache 1.3.20
i tried to use the mod-webapp.so comming from
webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7-linux.tar.gz
but apache didnt start because of error
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server:
/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so , my glibc is
glibc-2.1.3-22.1
glibc-devel-2.1.3-22.1
and for resean dependances i can't upgrade to glibc-2.2....

then i tried ( today) to install the source of webapp to compile it , from
CVS , i read the README.TXT , and i follow exactelly the explication :
i can configure , but when  i type make i have this error
Compiling sources in /app/webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7/apache-1.3...
make[1]: Entering directory `/app/webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7/apache-1.3'
Linking Apache 1.3 WebApp Module
/app/webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7/apr/libtool: mod_webapp.lo: command not found
make[1]: *** [mod_webapp.so] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/app/webapp-module-1.0-tc40b7/apache-1.3'
make: *** [local-all] Error 2

Then i tried your hiwto and i had yne same error in the make step .

any idea ? any help ?

thanks you a lot

Hatim .