Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/01 12:01:34 UTC

Re: [EAR-Plugin] - Include Resources

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Paulo Cesar Silva Reis <casmeiron@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a multi-module project with several ejb modules. Also, I have custom
> configurations for each client so I generate like a sql file contains the
> specific properties for each one. It¹s possible to include this file inside
> the .ear? Or it¹s better to generate like a file (.tar.gz) with the
> generated resources and plus the ear file? And if so, how can I do that?

Yes but it has nothing to do with the ear IMO. If you ever need to load that
file from the classpath, adding it to the EAR won't help.

> Also, I would like to know if its possible to execute the deploy stage for
> an EAR module using a custom name for the file. For example, when I pass
> some parameters for maven, the finalName for the project changes but when I
> execute deploy maven does that:
>
>  cp myProject-version-client-ABCX.jar -> myProject-version.jar
>
> It removes my custom finalName.

The pattern used for deployed artifacts is standardized and you can't change
it. The repository won't be able to function properly if users have the
ability to customize the name of the file deployed on the repository.
finalName is honored for the package phase.

S.

--
Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one, you
suck" -- S.Yegge

RE: [EAR-Plugin] - Include Resources

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Cesar is correct as the build tool (maven/ant) cannot change package names

if you need to generate your own package
you *may* want to look at Java Class autogeneration tools such as testsgen
http://sourceforge.net/projects/autotest

HTH
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note