Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2021/05/19 03:52:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica 1.18.0 released

The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Calcite Avatica 1.18.0.

Avatica is a framework for building database drivers. Avatica defines a
wire API and serialization mechanism for clients to communicate with a
server as a proxy to a database. The reference Avatica client and server
are implemented in Java and communicate over HTTP. Avatica is a
sub-project of Apache Calcite.

Apache Calcite Avatica 1.18.0 includes a few dependency updates, bug
fixes and a breaking change. In addition, the Gradle wrapper has been
removed from the source distribution in order to comply with ASF policy.
This release has also been tested with JDK 15 and Guava 29. For a full
list of changes, please see the release notes:

   https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/history.html#v1-18-0

The release is available here:

   https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/downloads/avatica.html

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to report
problems and get involved, visit the project website at:

    https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/

or the Apache Calcite project website:

    https://calcite.apache.org/

Thanks to everyone involved!

Francis Chuang, on behalf of the Apache Calcite team.

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica 1.18.0 released

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica 1.18.0 released

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the nice work, Francis ~

Best,
Danny Chan