Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it> on 2014/04/16 22:55:23 UTC

mail server testing

Hi everybody

I had some experience using the POP3/SMTP samplers, and they seems to work well.
However, I found the IMAP sampler a little bit limited.
I'm wondering if there is a way to:
- read only the headers. This is very commonly done by real email client;
- read only the last N headers
- read a specific message, or the most recent one, or the most recent N

any help suggestion is appreciated

Thank you in advance

Sergio

Re: mail server testing

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Il 17/04/2014 16.58, sebb ha scritto:
>> I'm wondering if there is a way to:
>> - read only the headers. This is very commonly done by real email client;
>> - read only the last N headers
>> - read a specific message, or the most recent one, or the most recent N
There is no provision for these at present. If these are possible via JavaMail then that can be considered for implementation.
>> any help suggestion is appreciated
> Raise a Bugzilla enhancement request with the requirememts.
Done.
I'm not a Java programmer, so I cannot do it my myself, and contribute to the community.

regards

Sergio

Re: mail server testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16 April 2014 21:55, Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it> wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I had some experience using the POP3/SMTP samplers, and they seems to work
> well.
> However, I found the IMAP sampler a little bit limited.

Which sampler are you referring to?
There is no sampler which is specific to IMAP in standard JMeter.

There is a single MailReaderSampler which uses JavaMail and thus
supports whatever JavaMail supports.

Re: mail server testing

Posted by tarik chichane <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

if you need it you can develop a beanshell using java mail api, it will
give you the option and features you need

BR

Tarik CHICHANE
Ingénieur Telecom Réseaux
Administateur Réseaux Université