Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu> on 2020/05/29 02:44:55 UTC

Adding functions from extensions

Hi Devs,

I'm trying to add some functions from the BAD extension to AsterixDB. I
found there are two ways of adding runtime entities into the
FunctionCollection: 1) Adding an IFunctionRegistrant, 2) Implementing an
extension function manger. However, I didn't find a way to add functions to
Metadata. I wonder there is an existing method for doing so? I did
something similar to the IFunctionRegistrant in the
MetadataBuiltinFunctions on my branch. If we don't have an existing method,
I can try to create a patch on this.

Best,
Xikui

Re: Adding functions from extensions

Posted by Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu>.
Ah! I see. Adding functions from the customized *IntegrationUtil.java does
the trick. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Xikui