Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Zhu, Yao" <Ya...@gs.com> on 2000/09/21 01:32:13 UTC

junit task does not work.

Hi,

The junit task does not work for me.

I had built the most recent release (2000-9-20).  I had checked ant.jar and
saw junit in there.
10212 Wed Sep 20 19:04:32 EDT 2000
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTask.class

I had junit in default.properties file,
junit=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask

I have junit.jar (version 3.2) in my classpath.

I created a target in my build.xml file in my project module.

  <target name="junit.test">
  <junit printsummary="yes" haltonfailure="no">
    <formattter type="plain" />
    <batchtest fork="yes">
      <fileset dir="${working.dir}/src">
        <include name="**/tests/*Test.java" />
      </fileset>
    </batchtest>
  </junit>
  </target>

My jdk is Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.1_04, native threads, sunwjit).

I ran the build, with target as junit.test.  This is what I get.
    Could not create task of type: junit because I can't find it in the list
of task class definitions

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Yao Zhu

Re: junit task does not work.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 ZY> Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

The first thing I'd think of is another (older Ant) in your classpath.

This version must be Ant 1.1 or earlier if memory serves right, as
adding <junit> has been one of the first things after the release of
Ant 1.1.

Stefan