Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Moshe Yudkowsky <ms...@bl.com> on 2005/10/23 18:53:39 UTC

better workaround for unadorned HTML?

Hmm.

I notice that in 0.7, all the files in what would be the
"raw-content-dir" 0.5.1 directories are actually copied over during
processing. For example, take this index.html file, which includes
framesets:

> Copying /home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/src/documentation/content/bkauthors/index.html to /home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/builds/disaggregate/bkauthors/index.html

If there's another copy in project.content-dir, e.g., in the correct
xdocs subdirectory, then it's adorned and replaces the previous copied
file. Unfortunately, framesets aren't processed by forrest, and what I
get is a blank file.

My workaround is to keep this file only in the raw-content-dir
directory, and creating an <external> site entry in site.xml:

<bkauthors-webring href="http://www.disaggregate.com/bkauthors/">
	<index href="index.html"/>
	<welcome href="webrings/welcome.html"/>
	<control href="webrings/control.html"/>
</bkauthors-webring>

I then reference that site as an ext: when I want to link to it.

Two questions arise:

(1) Is it possible to use a relative pathname in the <external>
declaration, above? When I try it, I get an error.

(2) Is there some other workaround? What would work best, I expect, is a
method to mark particular files as "do not adorn." I believe that it's
possible... it'd be nice to have it as a flag in the file itself, but I
suspect that it's possible via a filename and sitemap change, such as
"index.html.noadorn" becoming "index.html".

Re: better workaround for unadorned HTML?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:
> Hmm.
>
> I notice that in 0.7, all the files in what would be the
> "raw-content-dir" 0.5.1 directories are actually copied over during
> processing. For example, take this index.html file, which includes
> framesets:
>
> >Copying
> >/home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/src/documentation/content/bkauthors/index.html to /home/moshe/web/disaggregate/site/tmp/builds/disaggregate/bkauthors/index.html
>
> If there's another copy in project.content-dir, e.g., in the correct
> xdocs subdirectory, then it's adorned and replaces the previous copied
> file. Unfortunately, framesets aren't processed by forrest, and what I
> get is a blank file.
>
> My workaround is to keep this file only in the raw-content-dir
> directory, and creating an <external> site entry in site.xml:

No need for workarounds, The handling of "raw" files
has changed in 0.7
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html

You need a special match in your project sitemap.xmap

> <bkauthors-webring href="http://www.disaggregate.com/bkauthors/">
> 	<index href="index.html"/>
> 	<welcome href="webrings/welcome.html"/>
> 	<control href="webrings/control.html"/>
> </bkauthors-webring>
>
> I then reference that site as an ext: when I want to link to it.
>
> Two questions arise:
>
> (1) Is it possible to use a relative pathname in the <external>
> declaration, above? When I try it, I get an error.

Yes. See the example in our Forrest site docs:
forrest/site-author/content/xdocs/site.xml

> (2) Is there some other workaround? What would work best, I expect, is a
> method to mark particular files as "do not adorn." I believe that it's
> possible... it'd be nice to have it as a flag in the file itself, but I
> suspect that it's possible via a filename and sitemap change, such as
> "index.html.noadorn" becoming "index.html".

See above.

-David