Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Christian Pich <Ch...@MyHealthBank.com> on 2003/06/24 18:44:59 UTC

How do I create a news posting

Hi,

I just downloaded James and was wondering how I can create
a messages for a newsgroup. I found the class NNTPRepositoryImpl
but I am not sure how to create a Configuration.
Is there any example code that tells me how to do that?
I am basically interested in a client version of managing
news messages.

Thanks
Christian

RE: How do I create a news posting

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I just downloaded James and was wondering how I can create
> a messages for a newsgroup.

Through an NNTP client.

> I am basically interested in a client version of managing
> news messages.

A news reader?  You could look at the NNTP protocol handler for JavaMail, or
at Jakarta Commons Net (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/).  The latter
has examples, including one in the FAQ.

	--- Noel