Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 17:46:49 UTC

How to use MAVEN Generated Artifacts in ANT Build.xml file ?

Hi,

We are trying to convert some of the projects from ANT to MAVEN. Now I have
a question about the projects who are not converted in MAVEN.

I mean some of projects are still using ANT to generate artifacts and how
to use MAVEN http repository dependencies in build.xml file ? Can you give
me a good example how to do this ? And i assume it's possible to do it.

Thanks,
daivish.

RE: How to use MAVEN Generated Artifacts in ANT Build.xml file ?

Posted by Jim McCaskey <ji...@pervasive.com>.
Hi there,

The best place to look about getting started with ivy is in the docs:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.2.0/tutorial/start.html

This does the dependency resolution within ant without having to engage maven.  Arguably if that's what you want you should head over to the ivy mailing lists.

Here you are going to get a Maven solution which is the direction Anders has you going in (rightly so on the Maven mailing list).  Like I said, I've only ever used it for glue while rolling towards proper Maven build infrastructure.

-Jim

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Yes you are right but i think this will not work for me.
>
> As we are using weblogic 8.1 JDK version and ANT version and which is ANT
> 1.5.3 and JDK 1.4
>
> And in order to use this i need to have atleast ANT version 1.6.X +
>
> System Requirements*JDK*JDK version 1.5 or above is required (This is due
> to dependencies on internal Maven libraries.)*Ant*Ant version 1.6.x, 1.7.x
> or 1.8.x is required

Not every problem has an easy solution. That's why you are paid the big bucks.

Wayne

Re: How to use MAVEN Generated Artifacts in ANT Build.xml file ?

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anders,

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
maven ant tasks can be better for interoperability

- Stephen

---
screen