Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2005/04/13 13:45:14 UTC

Problems with CVS setup as new committer ...

Hi folks,

I try to checkout the CVS HEAD revision to commit my changes but I fail
miserably with

=== START =============================
cvs checkout: Updating ws-xmlrpc
cvs checkout: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/ws-xmlrpc'
(/home/cvs/ws-xmlrpc/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs checkout: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/ws-xmlrpc'
cvs [checkout aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

I'm not a Unix guru but I think the problem is my missing membership of
the "ws" group?! Therefore I have no write permission for the CVS directory.

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Problems with CVS setup as new committer ...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
time to hop onto IRC and bug infra folks :)

-- dims