Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Ratnesh,V2Solutions India" <ra...@in.v2solutions.com> on 2007/04/20 08:09:50 UTC

Can anybody tell me how the Nutch-0.9 is different than nutch-0.8.1

Hi,
can anybody explain me what's new with nutch-0.9 than in nutch-0.8.1 since I
have used nutch-0.8.1 ,
I am keen to know how the nutch-0.9 is different from older version .

I will appreciate your promt reply regarding my query..............

Thanks
"Ratnesh,V2Solutions India"

Re: 0.9 ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text

Posted by Lauren Massa Lochridge <la...@ieee.org>.
Ken,
Thanks very much - you were right. I'd never made the mistake before of
copying in the newly created, ( 0.9 ), /crawl which resulted in adding
to the existing 8.1 segments, rather than deleting all of the old 8.1
and thereby replacing /crawl entirely; your response prompted me to look
at that again and sure enough that's what it was!
Thanks.
Lauren Massa-Lochridge
eXlr8, Inc.

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.

--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.

0.9 ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text

Re: Can anybody tell me how the Nutch-0.9 is different than nutch-0.8.1

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Ratnesh,V2Solutions India wrote:
> Hi,
> can anybody explain me what's new with nutch-0.9 than in nutch-0.8.1 since I
> have used nutch-0.8.1 ,
> I am keen to know how the nutch-0.9 is different from older version .

I think the best place to study thechanges since 0.8.1 is jira:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10680&subset=3

where most of the changes are listed.

--
 Sami Siren