Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2003/12/09 12:20:29 UTC

Re: Publishing Java Class as a web service

Hitesh Dhingra wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>I have a java class and the wsdl describing the java class . I want to
>publish the java class as a webservice. I will be using JBoss as the
>application server and jetty as a servlet container and most probably WSIF
>for the invocation of the web service . My questions are
>
>(1) how do i publish java class as a web service? is it something like *.wsr
>archives?
>(2) how to write a gateway to invoke the service? I mean how do i handle
>requests ?
>
>I shall be highly obliged if anyone responds to my sos call at his earliest.

WSIF provides only client side interface to write Web Service you need
to use SOAP toolkit such as Axis.

For start you can use JWS with AXIS to "just" make your Java file into
Web Service see:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/06/05/axis.html

thanks,

alek

Re: accessing local java class dynamically

Posted by Nirmal Mukhi <nm...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,

I was just browing the code and it appears that the classpath attribute is
not used.

Please file a bugzilla report if you need this.

Thanks,
Nirmal.

"D" <dk...@hotmail.com>
12/12/2003 09:18 AM
Please respond to wsif-user

        To:     <ws...@ws.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        accessing local java class dynamically

Hi All, I'm currently trying to expose local classes as services, if I
call
on the class when it is located in the same package structure as the
invoker
class it executes no problem. I want to be able to invoke it though from
different project sources or jar files, I assume the classpath attribute
must be set but I'm unsure exactly what this entails. I would imagine it
is
necessary to inform WSIF of the physical location of this class, but I'm
unsure how to do this. I tried just specifying the physical location, and
then the fully qualified path as classname but get the
ClassNotFoundException.

Could someone perhaps provide an example of using the classpath attribute
or
a suggestion on how to use it properly?

Thanks in advance

Damien