Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2014/07/29 02:58:58 UTC

Maven 1.x cleanup

Hi,

About a year ago, the EOL banner was added for Maven 1.x. Today I saw there was a still a maven-1.x link in the navigation from the parent POM, which I removed, and added a single section to the bottom of the front page for archived documentation.

Looking at http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x-eol.html, it says that the docs will move to "archives", but that hadn't happened yet - so I did that also and put in a redirect. Let me know if you spot any issues.

The doc also says that the SVN tree will move to the retired section - does anyone still want to pursue that for maven-1 and maven-2? The main downside is that it breaks old tag locations.

- Brett

Re: Maven 1.x cleanup

Posted by Fred Cooke <fr...@gmail.com>.
Leave SVN alone, it's only a matter of time before it's permanently retired
in it's entirety, right?