Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au> on 2005/05/02 09:37:07 UTC

Re: [ANN/VOTE] JK 1.2.11 Released

Good evening All,
In trying the latest Mod_Jk (with Mladen's recent 'NetWare' patch), I
noticed the jkstatus page provides two configurable parameters for an LB
worker: 'retries' and 'recover_wait_time', neither of which are (as yet)
documented for the LB worker.

I also note the 'retries' can be set via the workers.properties file,
(worker.lb1.retries), but, AFAICT, 'recover_wait_time' can not be set.

Lastly I note that what ever routine parses workers.properties, it has
the view that any property setting it doesn't know about it simply
ignores, and gives not even a mention of it in the logs (debug mode).

Regards,
Norm

Re: [ANN/VOTE] JK 1.2.11 Released

Posted by NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>.
Hello and Good Evening from Au.
Thanks for the _very fast_ feedback and clarifies points I had not
discovered.  :-)  Hopefully the pieces of information you provided will
eventually make it into the docs? Even the 'global' nature of the
retries parameter when used on the lb worker would be of potential use
to some users and is not mentioned in the ajp13 section either. :-)

I'm not sure if it's a NetWare bug only, but for interest I have two
JkEnvVar entries in my .conf and noticed they were not displayed when
using the /admin tool with 5.0.30 Tomcat (Resources/MemVars). Or does
this only show values set at the Tomcat end?

The Jk docs show a sample for the JkEnvVar directive as:

   JkEnvVar     SSL_CLIENT_V_START

but Apache expects a two part answer:

AP_INIT_TAKE2("JkEnvVar", jk_add_env_var, NULL, RSRC_CONF,
               "Adds a name of environment variable that should be sent "
               "to servlet-engine")

Most directives are global AFAIK, but it might be of use (to those that
need it) if JkEnvVar settings could be limited to directory or location
requests if desired, rather than passed to Tomcat for _every_ request.

Regards,
Norm

Re: [ANN/VOTE] JK 1.2.11 Released

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.