Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2006/12/20 09:17:29 UTC

Interceptor Logging/Visualization

Some people were mentioning to me that it is really hard to figure out what
is going with the interceptor chain. And I agree it can be sometimes. So I
added some logging in my most recent commit. Now if you turn up the logging
level to fine, you get output like this:

INFO: Chain org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain@181497d was created.
Current flow:
  receive [MultipartMessageInterceptor]
  pre-stream []
  user-stream [StreamHandlerInterceptor]
  post-stream [StaxInInterceptor]
  read [ReadHeadersInterceptor]
  pre-protocol [MustUnderstandInterceptor, MAPCodec, SOAPHandlerInterceptor]
  user-protocol []
  post-protocol [HeaderVerifier]
  unmarshal [URIMappingInterceptor, WrappedInInterceptor,
SoapHeaderInterceptor]
  pre-logical [MAPAggregator]
  user-logical [LogicalHandlerInterceptor]
  post-logical [WrapperClassInInterceptor, MAPVerifier]
  pre-invoke [HolderInInterceptor]
  invoke []
  post-invoke []

It will also print out messages if the chain was dynamically changed. Hope
that helps people! Regards,

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse