Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Jamison <rj...@lincom-asg.com> on 2000/02/04 15:58:47 UTC

Q: Apache module translate method

I noticed that mod_jserv's translate method is basically
testing -all- URIs from the server as candidates for translating
into filenames, and tagging them in r->notes as ready for
servlet-handler processing.  I also noticed that jserv,
even though it is the last module typically loaded, is actually
being called by the server.  This would imply that all the other
modules' translate methods are returning DECLINED.  Is
that right?

I am wondering, because I am having trouble getting translate()
on my module to be called.  Is there some special trick to this?

Bob

Re: Q: Apache module translate method

Posted by Bob Jamison <rj...@lincom-asg.com>.

Bob Jamison wrote:

> I am wondering, because I am having trouble getting translate()
> on my module to be called.  Is there some special trick to this?

By the way,  the current design of ServerConnector/RequestImpl/
ResponseImpl works fine, and does seem to simplify and clean things
up a lot.   Thanks for the help.

Bob