Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jim Lynch <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 15:14:25 UTC

I can't seem to get svnserver authorization to work

I have a svnserve.conf file that looks like:

### Visit http://subversion.tigris.org/ for more information.

[general]
password-db = passwd
realm = svnaccess

I have a passwd file that looks like:

[users]
jim = xpasswordx

I know that both files are being read because I had messed up both and svn
told me about the errors.  Now that I have no errors, svn works well. Too
well.  It doesn't bother to stop and ask me for my user/pw.

See:
svn co svn://machinea<DOMAIN>.com/svnlib
A  svnlib/trunk
A  svnlib/trunk/confdata
A  svnlib/trunk/confdata/proftpd.conf.skel

I'm obviously missing something, can someone help?  I followed the
instructions at http://linuxgazette.net/128/ramanathan.html or thought I
did.  The SVN book was not very helpful in this case.

The system is a remote system if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Jim.

Re: I can't seem to get svnserver authorization to work

Posted by Jim Lynch <ji...@gmail.com>.
On 3/9/07, Rahul Bhargava <me...@rahulbhargava.org> wrote:

> The user credentials (user name/passwd) are cached by SVN client. It
> will not prompt again
> unless you initially specified --no-auth-cache or you specify a
> different user name/password
> using --username/--password

Which is exactly the  behavior I want.

Thanks for pointing it out.