Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2009/07/17 14:42:20 UTC

Content of the people.apache.org/~user

Hi,

Is there anywhere documented the stuff that can go inside
those locations from the legal POV, or is the content completely
the member/committer responsibility.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Content of the people.apache.org/~user

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. With appropriate
svn auth configuration you'd be happy putting it in.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
ASL part is interesting, as opposed to ASF. I'll claim that there is
no assumption of license, what's in ~foo is proprietary to foo except
that the CLA means we can redistribute. We can also decide that
something be removed if we like - a policy we can grow organically
over time.

So not ASL unless specified.

For the example of someone using it to advertise their company - I'd
expect Infra to be able to police that, possibly by talking to the
members to judge the way the foundation is leaning on the subject.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <hy...@gmail.com>.