Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Oleg V Alexeev <go...@penza.net> on 2000/12/13 19:22:49 UTC

Re[2]: Struts build seems to be broken on apache.org

Hello Craig,

Wednesday, December 13, 2000, 2:06:50 AM, you wrote:

CRM> Colin Sampaleanu wrote:

>> Last good build appears to be the 9th of December...

CRM> That was my fault ... I had to go "corrupt" my build machine's environment in
CRM> order to construct an update of Tomcat 3.1 (security issues).  In addition, even
CRM> though I fixed that, I had internet connectivity problems last night that
CRM> prevented the upload from succeeding.  Should be corrected tonight.

CRM> Craig

Sorry for offtopic, but can you speak some words to describe your
'build machine' - I manage number of projects now and manual build and
uploads are very terrible for me. Sorry again.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:gonza@penza.net

Re: Struts build seems to be broken on apache.org

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Oleg V Alexeev wrote:

> Hello Craig,
>
> Wednesday, December 13, 2000, 2:06:50 AM, you wrote:
>
> CRM> Colin Sampaleanu wrote:
>
> >> Last good build appears to be the 9th of December...
>
> CRM> That was my fault ... I had to go "corrupt" my build machine's environment in
> CRM> order to construct an update of Tomcat 3.1 (security issues).  In addition, even
> CRM> though I fixed that, I had internet connectivity problems last night that
> CRM> prevented the upload from succeeding.  Should be corrected tonight.
>
> CRM> Craig
>
> Sorry for offtopic, but can you speak some words to describe your
> 'build machine' - I manage number of projects now and manual build and
> uploads are very terrible for me. Sorry again.

At the moment, my "build machine" is my desktop PC, running Linux (Red Hat) and Sun's JDK
1.2.2.  I have a "cron" job that pulls all the current sources for a large number of
Jakarta subprojects, creates "distribution" builds of them, and uploads them to
jakarta.apache.org for download by others.

I'm in the process of moving the place this is done onto a large Sun box (an E4500) that
Sun is making available to the Apache project ... but it's not quite done yet.

I will tell you one thing ... without Ant this whole process would be VERY much more
miserable.

> --
> Best regards,
>  Oleg                            mailto:gonza@penza.net