Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/26 05:35:26 UTC

How to get client ip address on guacamole

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to post a Noob question here. I was evaluating Guacamole for one of
the requirements we have to rdp into remote machine and was able to setup
client and Server and do the rdp to both Windows and Linux machines.

Now I am taking it to next level. I  catch or get a client ip address and pass to xrdp session

through guacamole+x11rdp.

Again please ignore this if you folk think its too obvious or it is answered
elsewhere(kindly point), considering me a noob.

Re: How to get client ip address on guacamole

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi,

i am done all the setting as per document but it shows the Firewalll WAN ip
not machine local ip address

my server.xml setting

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve"

internalProxies="192\.168\.80\.162|172\.16\.20\.37"

remoteIpHeader="x-forwarded-for"

remoteIpProxiesHeader="x-forwarded-by"

protocolHeader="x-forwarded-proto"

protocolHeaderHttpsValue="https" />
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
                                                        showReport="false"

showServerInfo="false"/>

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html#tomcat-remote-ip

Re: How to get client ip address on guacamole

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Please reply

On Wed, 29 May 2019, 09:05 Manoj Patil <manoj2patil@gmail.com wrote:

> Sorry for that message is resend multiple times for intruption in network.
>
> I am done all setting as per you provided document but it shows firewall
> ip not client lan ip . what I am done wrong . please give me the resolution.
>
> Also how I pass this ip to xrdp session
>
> On Tue, 28 May 2019, 22:31 Mike Jumper <mjumper@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Manoj, please stop resending the same message every few hours.
>>
>> - Mike
>>

>> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 2:58 AM Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> *From: *Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>
>>> *Subject: **Re: How to get client ip address on guacamole*
>>> *Date: *28 May 2019 at 12:13:18 PM IST
>>> *To: *user@guacamole.apache.org
>>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i am done all the setting as per document but it shows the Firewalll WAN
>>> ip not machine local ip address
>>>
>>> my server.xml setting
>>>
>>> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve"
>>>
>>> internalProxies="192\.168\.80\.162|172\.16\.20\.37"
>>>
>>> remoteIpHeader="x-forwarded-for"
>>>
>>> remoteIpProxiesHeader="x-forwarded-by"
>>>
>>> protocolHeader="x-forwarded-proto"
>>>
>>> protocolHeaderHttpsValue="https" />
>>> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
>>>
>>> showReport="false"
>>>
>>> showServerInfo="false"/>
>>>

>>> My nginx setting is——
>>>
>>> server {
>>>
>>>     listen 80;
>>>     listen [::]:80;
>>>     server_name gucserver;
>>>     return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
>>>

>>>         location /acecbs/ {
>>>         proxy_pass http://192.168.80.162:8080/guacamole/;
>>>         proxy_buffering off;
>>>         proxy_http_version 1.1;
>>>         proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
>>> proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
>>>         proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
>>>         proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
>>>         proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection;
>>>         proxy_cookie_path /guacamole/ /acecbs/;
>>>         access_log off;
>>>         }
>>>

>>> Username Start time Duration Connection name Remote host
>>> samho
>>> 2019-05-28 12:07:55 0 seconds samta_ho 223.196.84.130
>>> samho
>>> 2019-05-28 12:07:49 0 seconds samta_ho 223.196.84.130
>>> samho
>>> 2019-05-28 12:07:37 0 seconds samta_ho 223.196.84.130
>>> samho

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Fwd: How to get client ip address on guacamole

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:29 PM Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok
> Is there any way to pass this ip to xrdp session on linux

No, I don't believe so. For Windows RDP, yes, but I'm not sure about XRDP.

For Windows RDP, I think the best option would be the "CLIENTNAME"
environment variable, set via Guacamole's "client-name" parameter. It
matches the semantics of what you're looking for, and would be easy to use
if supported:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-session-settings

... but I don't believe XRDP supports this. The next best alternative would
be some sort of custom static virtual channel (SVC), which Guacamole also
supports for RDP:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-device-redirection
(see the "static-channels" parameter)

... but I don't believe XRDP supports this either.

It is possible that XRDP does have this support and I'm just not familiar
enough with current XRDP. If the XRDP folks have a similar mailing list,
forum, etc., I'd recommend reaching out to them.

- Mike

Re: How to get client ip address on guacamole

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dear Mike,

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dear,

I see the history tab and table  but in that remote host it display the firewall ip not actual machine ip and i want actual machine ip.

i used Guacamole(tomcat+nginix)+x!rdp(linux host).

please see screen shot

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
we used linux Xrdp through Guacamole and the security reason we catch client visited  ip and stored in my database and after i am only allowed to visit a specific  ip.

Please give me solution.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.