Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/04 18:11:37 UTC

[SUGGESTION] Stack Overflow Documentation for Apache Flink

Hi All,

Why don't we make use of Stackoverflow's new documentation feature to do
some documentation of Apache Flink.

To start, at least 5 SO users should commit to document, who has at least150
reputation and have at least 1 positively scored answer in Flink tag.

http://stackoverflow.com/documentation/apache-flink

Regards,
Vishnu Viswanath

Re: [SUGGESTION] Stack Overflow Documentation for Apache Flink

Posted by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is my understanding of SO Documentation:

1. Any one in the community can contribute, others can validate and improve
2. Users can request a topic
3. As Max mentioned, the documentation is more example oriented and it
doesn't have to be as comprehensive as the Flink's primary documentation.
(Yes there might be some overlap and duplication)
e.g., this is one of the documentation of apache-spark tag :
http://stackoverflow.com/documentation/apache-spark/833/introduction-to-apache-spark#t=201609060203001533016

Thanks,
Vishnu

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
I voted. It's live now.

The advance of SO documentation is also, that people not familiar with
Apache might do some documentation (but would never open a PR). Of
course, as community, we should put the focus on web page docs. But
having something additional can't hurt.

From my experience, it is also good if certain aspects are describe by

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.