Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/19 01:36:29 UTC

Housekeeping

We got a JIRA on JAX-ME. It is our responsibility to come up with an
attic strategy here. Oh Chairman, we need some help here getting
organized.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if we really need a formal attic concept. We spent lots
of time discussing how to move Axis 1.x to the attic, but it is not
impossible [1] that we will see an Axis 1.4.1 maintenance release.

However, what would be useful is to have a disclaimer in JIRA stating
that the project is no longer maintained. In the JIRA dashboard, there
is this huge empty space to the right of the project name where I
would like to see this kind of warning.

Andreas

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/ubiriaog6jmzbt3v