Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/06 13:44:23 UTC

Removing non-deprecated R methods that were deprecated in Python, Scala?

See https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22921#discussion_r230568058

Methods like toDegrees, toRadians, approxCountDistinct were 'renamed'
in Spark 2.1: deprecated, and replaced with an identical method with
different name. However, these weren't actually deprecated in SparkR.

Is it an oversight that we should just correct anyway by removing, to
stay synced?
Or deprecate and retain these in Spark 3.0.0?

Sean

Re: Removing non-deprecated R methods that were deprecated in Python, Scala?

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Yep. That sounds good to me.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.