Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Kapil Arya <ka...@mesosphere.io> on 2017/11/03 17:32:32 UTC

Binary RPM packages for CentOS

Hi All,

We have some updates regarding the binary RPM build/release process for
Mesos.

Here are some important bullet points:

* Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7981
* The RPM packages are now built using a jenkins job [1] on the Apache CI.
* The build scripts are part of the Mesos source tree (support/packaging).
* Packages are distributed using bintray [2].
* Currently, we are using the mesos org under bintray. Once we have more
  confidence in the packages, we'll move under the apache org to benefit
from
  the superior resource limits.

Here are the steps to install the CentOS 7 packages from bintray:

*$* cat > /tmp/bintray-mesos-el.repo <<EOF
#bintray-mesos-el - packages by mesos from Bintray
[bintray-mesos-el]
name=bintray-mesos-el
baseurl=https://dl.bintray.com/mesos/el/7/x86_64
gpgcheck=0
repo_gpgcheck=0
enabled=1
EOF

*$* sudo mv /tmp/bintray-mesos-el.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/bintray-mesos-el.repo

*$* sudo yum update

*$* sudo yum install mesos

To start, we have released 1.4.0 packages in the hope to get some feedback
from
the community before releasing rpms for other supported version.

Future work:
* Release RC packages in bintray.com/mesos/el-testing repo.
* Release (rotating) nightly builds in bintray.com/mesos/el-unstable repo.
* Create/release debian/ubuntu packages with the help from community
members who
  are already publishing such packages.

Best,
Kapil

[1]: https://builds.apache.org/job/Mesos/job/Packaging/job/CentosRPMs
[2]: https://bintray.com/mesos/

Re: Binary RPM packages for CentOS

Posted by Kapil Arya <ka...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Marc,

I'm not sure if I understand the concern. Looks like you are using the
mesosphere repository. The mesos-zookeeper package is no longer
supported/maintained.

The packages mentioned my previous email are published on bintray are not
maintained by mesosphere. Please let us know if you have any feedback on
the new packages.

Best,
Kapil

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.