Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gonçalo Gaiolas <go...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/18 15:01:15 UTC

Ghost Java Processes while Running Tomcat

Hi everyone,

I have Tomcat deployed in a production environment, and after a while I get
OutOfMemory Exceptions. I realize this may be a memory leak in my
application, but what troubles me the most is that if I execute a ps I can
see a lot of java processes that simply don’t die after tomcat has been
shutdown. I have to kill them manually.

What could be wrong here? I am using tomcat 5.0.28.

Thanks a lot for any help,

Gonçalo

Re: Ghost Java Processes while Running Tomcat

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You probably have non-damon threads running.  Search the archives for more
detail. (Its been reported many times and due to "user" aka non-tomcat code )

-Tim