Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rahul Dahiya <Ra...@aeris.net> on 2016/05/11 07:38:07 UTC

Exception while restarting the Nifi Cluster

Hi Team,

I am getting below exception while trying to restart the NiFi nodes :

java.lang.Exception: Unable to load flow due to: java.io.IOException: org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException: Failed to connect node to cluster because local flow controller partially updated.  Administrator should disconnect node and review flow for corruption.
    at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:783) ~[nifi-jetty-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
    at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:137) [nifi-runtime-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
    at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:227) [nifi-runtime-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]

Based on the following link :

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201508.mbox/%3CBAY172-W19DF8C4EDE001FC6B8CA0ECE6B0@phx.gbl%3E

it seems that the issue could be because of trailing while space /  incorrect entries in the following properties files

nifi.sensitive.props.key
nifi.sensitive.props.algorithm
nifi.sensitive.props.provider

I've checked these properties files on all the nodes and they are exactly the same on all nodes with no trailing white space.

Can someone please help on what could be the root cause of this problem and how can it be resolved .

Also I don't want to clean the nifi working directories (I know it will work fine on cleaning the directories). Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Rahul

Re: Exception while restarting the Nifi Cluster

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Sourav,

This certainly is something that we can improve upon, and there is actually already a
ticket created to handle this [1]. The idea is that we want to startup with some sort of
placeholder there so that the user is able to replace the processor with whatever makes
sense.

Thanks
-Mark

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1052 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1052>