Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/21 06:28:39 UTC

Moderator privilege not available during the meeting

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate openmeeting with our web application using the
web services provided by openmeeting. The flow starts with dynamically
creating new room for the meeting using the below web service.

/RoomService/addRoomWithModerationAndExternalTypeAndStartEnd

And pass all the parameters to this service call.

Then we call be below service to generate hash and use the hash value to
join the user into the meeting,

/UserService/setUserObjectAndGenerateRoomHashByURL

All these things works fine, but only one user will be a moderator for this
meeting and we pass becomeModeratorAsInt as "1" while calling the second
service call. For the other users it will be "0". But the admin dont have
moderator privilege in the meeting. As per the documentation we are passing
all the parameters. But none of the users joined the meeting have moderator
privilege.

Please let us know where we are going wrong.

Thanks,
Pradeep D

Re: Moderator privilege not available during the meeting

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I got an error message while playing the recording from openmeeting,
Below is the log message,

Log:21.04.2012 16:26:55
generateFFMPEG
process-mergeWave
error-Cannot run program "sox": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such
file or directory
command-[sox, /opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/one_second.wav,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/2/rec_1_stream_e3059e6ca7927e59568bde25d62601ae_21_04_2012_16_25_28_FINAL_WAVE.wav,
pad, 0, 86.452]
exitValue--1

Log:21.04.2012 16:26:55
generateFFMPEG
process-generateFullFLV
error-Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No
such file or directory
command-[ffmpeg, -i,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/2/rec_1_stream_e3059e6ca7927e59568bde25d62601ae_21_04_2012_16_25_28.flv,
-i, /opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/2/rec_1_stream_e3059e6ca7927e59568bde25d62601ae_21_04_2012_16_25_28_FINAL_WAVE.wav,
-ar, 22050, -acodec, libmp3lame, -ab, 32k, -s, 1776x992, -vcodec,
flashsv, -map, 0:0, -map, 1:0,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/flvRecording_1.flv]
exitValue--1

Log:21.04.2012 16:26:55
generateFFMPEG
process-generateFullFLV
error-Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No
such file or directory
command-[ffmpeg, -i,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/flvRecording_1.flv,
-vcodec, mjpeg, -vframes, 1, -an, -f, rawvideo, -s, 1776x992,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/flvRecording_1.jpg]
exitValue--1

Log:21.04.2012 16:26:55
generateFFMPEG
process-alternateDownload
error-Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No
such file or directory
command-[ffmpeg, -i,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/flvRecording_1.flv,
/opt/openmeeting/red5/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/flvRecording_1.avi]
exitValue--1

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Pradeep D

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
" I guess you simply see the popup message because you created a conference
room via SOAP and set "appointment" to true ... But actually it is not one.
You should set this parameter to false."
==> I create a simple meeting with calendar UI and I doesn't change any
system parameter.

"The popup shows the correct info for me. Also the firstname/lastname is
correctly filled. In case the user uses the invitation to access the room
there is only the email as username given"
==> I tested a previous version (#41) of the project and the popup is filled
of all informations.
I'm asking because it works fine before and I'm sure that I didn't make change to this interface : appointmentNotificationPopUp.lzx

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
==> My personal opinion= it will be preferable (for UI causes) to display in this case only the part of the email before the "@" otherwise it'll be very long (for example displaying "seba.wagner" NOT seba.wagner@gmail.com which is too long and there's no place to display it, only if we enlarge the left users section)

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
When I create a second meeting for tomorrow (with moderator account) it
appears in MyMeetings section on dashboard.
= Another new bug after the last updating to last revision !

The only difference between us is the timezone, I'm surprised to be the only one to have this kind of bug.

Re: Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I think those errors have nothing to do with OpenMeetings, there is nothing
to do here.
The popup shows the correct info for me. Also the firstname/lastname is
correctly filled. In case the user uses the invitation to access the room
there is only the email as username given.

I guess you simply see the popup message because you created a conference
room via SOAP and set "appointment" to true ... but actually it is not one.
You should set this parameter to false.

Your "error" about the asterisk next to the user name is because this user
is a "Super Moderator". There is nothing wrong about it.

Sebastian

Re: Error = No roomType currently available for roomId 2

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I am not able to reproduce this.
I have installed a fresh build.
There was no error with the roomtypes, data was correctly populated during
installation.

Sebastian

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
In my series of tests, as moderator I live the meeting and when I re-enter I
find new bugs >> moderator name is also replaced with its email and there is
some graphic trouble.

See = http://s7.postimage.org/g3oox2i6j/2012_04_22_5643.jpg

Also I remark a lot of parasite when talking from two different places.

And as improvement >> when we drag a webcam box accidentally on the top of
the navigator (menu box become invisible) so we can not move it at all (even
when we resize it).
==> Solution for that : the webcam should be movable when we click everywhere on it.

Error = No roomType currently available for roomId 2

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: OpenMeetings Physical and Logical architecture ?

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Maxim

Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: OpenMeetings Physical and Logical architecture ?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
you can set up DB replication
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication.html

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: OpenMeetings Physical and Logical architecture ?

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

you might sign up here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS

There is a button on the top right
ADD => Gliffy Diagram

I think it should be possible to collaborate on editing such a diagram, at
least we can try.

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
If you really want to learn how it works you should draw such graphic on
your own.

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
I'll be very grateful Sebastian. I really need to understand the mechanism
because I'm beginner in JEE.
I'm confused because of the big number of technologies used in OM.

I've a question=
Can I connect (in the same time) OM with two DB or more (one for test and the 2nd for use OR other for security storage) ?

Re: Réf. : Re: OpenMeetings Physical and Logical architecture ?

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
All the documentation is online. There are no private docs.
There is no real answer to physical and logical architecture except the one
that is given in the graph.
It might be easier if you could ask concrete questions about certain parts
of the application.

Re: Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Could you make a screenshot please?

Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sebastian.

Réf. : Re: ~ Simple question ~

Re: ~ Simple question ~

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
yes

~ Simple question ~

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
Is it intentionally the fact that the creator of a meeting receives invitation of that meeting (created by himself) ?

Réf. : # Build failed after today's update #

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
The problem is solved after deleting the "Build" directory (Red5 retrieve ->
become always from Internet).

Hamdi THABET
Élève ingénieur en Téléinformatique (3e année)
Maîtrisard en informatique
Technicien en Réseau informatique et Télécoms
 [+216] 52 72 27 25
hamdi.thabet86@gmail.com

Posted by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com>.
I can't test the changes because the build failed after the update >> http://pastebin.com/E5WUFuN2

Re: Moderator privilege not available during the meeting

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pradeep,

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
No,

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Pradeep,

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes we added the hash to the url as below,

http://192.168.8.203:5080/openmeetings/?secureHash=cd0bcd0796e6994b83ed115376bb3103

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.
Even the admin gets the message while going into the meeting, refer the
screenshot

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pradeep D <pr...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
You can also see some client debug when you add the parameter:
swf=maindebug.as3.swf10.swf to the URL
(or swf=maindebug.swf8.swf in OpenMeetings Version 1.9.x and older)

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hallo Pradeep,