Posted to dev@datalab.apache.org by ru...@gmail.com on 2022/03/22 08:21:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DataLab (incubating) as a TLP

Dear colleagues,

With the Apache DataLab community healthy and growing, I think now would be
a good time to discuss where we stand regarding to graduation from the
Incubator.

Apache DataLab entered incubation in August 2018, since then, the DataLab
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. We delivered
multiple releases that have

been increasing in quality ever since. All necessary documentations are
prepared, and all maturity requirements are achieved.

Our team has created:

- a graduation checklist:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATALAB/Graduation+Checklist

- an Apache Maturity Model Assessment for DataLab:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datalab/wiki/Apache-Maturity-Model-Asses
sment-for-DataLab

I kindly ask you to review this checklist and provide us feedback.

According to the checklist the next steps are:

3. Once that is done, we will be able to generate a Resolution which will be
sent to the Board.

4. If this discussion result is successful and we do not have major issues
from our mentors, we will move to a Vote, and so forth.

I think it's time for us to graduate to TLP.

Please share your thoughts!

Best regards,

Ruslan Kulynych

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@datalab.apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DataLab (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Oleh Mykolaishyn <ol...@apache.org>.
Ruslan is great addition to our team, we need people like that!
+1 from me.
Thank you.

Posted by Dmytro Liaskovskyi <Dm...@epam.com.INVALID>.
I’m all for graduation, tons of releases, well documented, community growth and daily activity proves that.
+1 from my side.
Thanks.

From: ruslan.kulynych8@gmail.com <ru...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 22 March 2022, 10:21
To: dev@datalab.apache.org <de...@datalab.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache DataLab (incubating) as a TLP
Dear colleagues,

With the Apache DataLab community healthy and growing, I think now would be
a good time to discuss where we stand regarding to graduation from the
Incubator.

Apache DataLab entered incubation in August 2018, since then, the DataLab
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. We delivered
multiple releases that have

been increasing in quality ever since. All necessary documentations are
prepared, and all maturity requirements are achieved.

Our team has created:

- a graduation checklist:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATALAB/Graduation*Checklist__;Kw!!GF_29dbcQIUBPA!lkfrpv7SFy6qgBNvh5sIdMoyBN2RvFU9j7Z7QudQ8nD4Oehf5cm0ls1fa_8Lxqz7FnlimVM$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATALAB/Graduation*Checklist__;Kw!!GF_29dbcQIUBPA!lkfrpv7SFy6qgBNvh5sIdMoyBN2RvFU9j7Z7QudQ8nD4Oehf5cm0ls1fa_8Lxqz7FnlimVM$> [cwiki[.]apache[.]org]

- an Apache Maturity Model Assessment for DataLab:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/apache/incubator-datalab/wiki/Apache-Maturity-Model-Asses__;!!GF_29dbcQIUBPA!lkfrpv7SFy6qgBNvh5sIdMoyBN2RvFU9j7Z7QudQ8nD4Oehf5cm0ls1fa_8Lxqz7TueGGs8$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/github.com/apache/incubator-datalab/wiki/Apache-Maturity-Model-Asses__;!!GF_29dbcQIUBPA!lkfrpv7SFy6qgBNvh5sIdMoyBN2RvFU9j7Z7QudQ8nD4Oehf5cm0ls1fa_8Lxqz7TueGGs8$> [github[.]com]

Posted by Denys Yankiv <de...@gmail.com>.
Fully agree with Ruslan. Project has seen a lot of growth over the years
and has matured. I support graduation from the Incubator.
+1 from me.
Thank you.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 from me. I think it is time to graduate from the incubator for Apache
DataLab.

I have some questions to support the graduation request against the board.

By the way, could you share how many Committers/PMC members have been added
since the beginning of the incubation period? On the other hand, has the
development process slowed down for the last couple of months or not (I am
considering the master branch at GitHub, correct me if I am wrong).

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Vira Vitanska <vv...@apache.org>.
Dear colleagues,