Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/24 10:19:34 UTC

MIME Types

Hi,

Does anyone know the mime type for WAR files. I foud somewhere on the web
that JAR files have a mime type of application/java-archive but cant find
any info on WAR files.

Thanks.

Matt

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Re: MIME Types

Posted by Eugene Lee <li...@fsck.net>.
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:19:34AM +0100, Matthew Oatham wrote:
:
: Does anyone know the mime type for WAR files. I foud somewhere on the web
: that JAR files have a mime type of application/java-archive but cant find
: any info on WAR files.

AFAIK, there is no official MIME type for .war files.  The Java camp
claims it as a web archive, while the Konqueror camp claims it as an
archived HTML page.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Re: MIME Types

Re: MIME Types

Posted by kgsat <kg...@kssnet.co.jp>.
HI  matthew
did u try with application/x-compress for war file type
sat

Re: MIME Types

Posted by kgsat <kg...@kssnet.co.jp>.
HI  matthew