Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Joshua Cohen <jc...@apache.org> on 2016/09/19 19:29:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.16.0 RC0

All,

I propose that we accept the following release candidate as the official
Apache Aurora 0.16.0 release.

Aurora 0.16.0-rc0 includes the following:
---
The RELEASE NOTES for the release are available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=aurora.git&f=RELEASE-NOTES.md&hb=rel/0.16.0-rc0

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=aurora.git&f=CHANGELOG&hb=rel/0.16.0-rc0

The tag used to create the release candidate is:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=aurora.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/rel/0.16.0-rc0

The release candidate is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/aurora/0.16.0-rc0/apache-aurora-0.16.0-rc0.tar.gz

The MD5 checksum of the release candidate can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/aurora/0.16.0-rc0/apache-aurora-0.16.0-rc0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the release candidate can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/aurora/0.16.0-rc0/apache-aurora-0.16.0-rc0.tar.gz.asc

The GPG key used to sign the release are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/aurora/KEYS

Please download, verify, and test.

The vote will close on Thu Sep 22 14:28:18 CDT 2016

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Aurora 0.16.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Aurora 0.16.0 because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.16.0 RC0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> - has incubating in name

Ignore that - it doesn’t and shouldn’t. That what happens when trying to review two releases at once :-)

Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.16.0 RC0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+0 a few minor licensing/header issues and may not pass an incubator vote.

If this come up to vote on the incubator list I’d probably vote +1 and ask that they be fixed in the next release but others may vote differently.

I checked:
- has incubating in name
- signature and hashes correct
- NOTICE not updated for 2016
- LICENSE is missing sizzle.js bundled inside [3], glyph icons license [4] see bottom of [5] for details, and normalise.css [6]
- No unexpected binary files
- ASF files have ASF header
- Can compile from source

Another minor issue:
- Two files have a copyright year in the ASF header [1][2]

This fictional example I created may help [7][8] as it also bundles bootstrap.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./src/test/python/apache/aurora/client/cli/test_cron.py
2. ./src/main/python/apache/aurora/client/cli/cron.py
3. ./src/main/python/apache/thermos/observer/http/assets/jquery.js
4. ./3rdparty/javascript/scheduler/assets/bower_components/bootstrap/dist/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.*
5. http://glyphicons.com/license/
6 ./3rdparty/javascript/scheduler/assets/bower_components/bootstrap/less/normalize.less
7. https://github.com/justinmclean/ApacheWombat
8. https://vimeo.com/171210141

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.16.0 RC0

Posted by Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org>.
-1

I discovered https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1777 in this
release.