Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Ricardo Ruiz <ri...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/04 07:35:03 UTC

SolrCloud S3 Backup Status doesn't return the correct value for IndexSizeMB

Hi!
I'm trying to get the Index size of my SolrCloud backups, but the problem
is that It doesn't matter the size of my backup, the value for
"indexSizeMB" is always 0.0, even if the STATUS is completed and the backup
files are saved successfully in S3.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

The steps I do are:
- Backup my collection with an async Id
- Check the status of my request with REQUESTSTATUS
<https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_10/collections-api.html#requeststatus> until
it has a completed status.

This is a backup without any documents indexed.
{
    "responseHeader": {
        "status": 0,
        "QTime": 4
    },
    "success": {
    },
    "response": [
        "collection",
        "collectionName",
        "numShards",
        2,
        "backupId",
        0,
        "indexVersion",
        "8.10.1",
        "startTime",
        "2021-12-04T06:10:25.198262Z",
        "indexSizeMB",
        0.0
    ],
    "status": {
        "state": "completed",
        "msg": "found [backup12041510] in completed tasks"
    }
}

This is a backup with 7000+ documents indexed, around 40MB according to S3
{
    "responseHeader": {
        "status": 0,
        "QTime": 4
    },
    "success": {
        },
    "response": [
        "collection",
        "livedoornews",
        "numShards",
        2,
        "backupId",
        3,
        "indexVersion",
        "8.10.1",
        "startTime",
        "2021-12-04T06:37:32.563195Z",
        "indexSizeMB",
        0.0
    ],
    "status": {
        "state": "completed",
        "msg": "found [backup12041537] in completed tasks"
    }
}

Thank you in advance!!
Richard

How to authenticate when using solr jdbc

Posted by Shankar R <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi All, can anyone let me know how to authenticate solr (basic) when using
jdbc approach.when padding uid and owd in drivermanager.getconbection
zookeeper is throwing SaSl error

Thanks
Ravi

Re: SolrCloud S3 Backup Status doesn't return the correct value for IndexSizeMB

Posted by Michael Conrad <mi...@newsrx.com>.
A conversation has been started on Slack in reference to this if you
would like to participate.

A community maintained/unofficial Slack organization that relays
messages bi-directionally to/from the official IRC channels. Link:
https://s.apache.org/solr-slack