Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Jacov Koren <Ja...@commtouch.com> on 2012/06/15 14:04:37 UTC

can someone help me with configuring transparent proxy?

I have 3 machines connected in a chain to one another like in the picture.

The middle machine is the proxy, and routing is working both directions.

I tried the instructions in the administrators guide (inline router) and it didn't help.

Thanks ,
Jacob

Re: Reducing Latency with ATS

Posted by Nick Berry <nb...@linkedin.com>.
It would be helpful to include what the topology is like through ATS vs. direct to origin.

On Jun 15, 2012, at 5:26 AM, Saraswathi Venkataraman <sa...@Xoriant.Com>> wrote:

It looks like ATS adds a lot of latency. When I fetch, say 10 requests for a typical size objects of say, 17KB through ATS and at the same time, I also run a script that run "time wget the same files)" for all files and calc the average latency, the latency was very high >300mSec.

What parameters can we change in ATS for reduced latencies?

Thanks & Regards
Saraswathi Venkataraman | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000 | Ext: 1113 | http://www.xoriant.com<http://www.xoriant.com/>

Reducing Latency with ATS