Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Chris Schumann <cs...@twp-llc.com> on 2007/06/12 16:48:42 UTC

Total Newb has Stupid Questions

I've been tasked with showing WS-RM using Sandesha, but I'm totally
inexperienced in making Java work.

I'm running Fedora Core 6, and I think I have Axis2 running. I tried
following the Sandesha instructions, but FC6 comes with some other Java,
and I get Incompatible magic number.

I have installed Sun's jdk, but I don't know how to set my CLASSPATH
properly to get the demo to compile. I'm getting errors like "package
org.apache.axiom.om does not exist"

Tips and pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Total Newb has Stupid Questions

Posted by Chris Schumann <cs...@twp-llc.com>.
Wow. That was incredibly easy. Too bad the instructions don't make that
clear.

Many thanks,
Chris

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chris Schumann <cs...@twp-llc.com>.

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Jones <Tj...@metamatrix.com>.
Chris,

I was able to get Paul's sample working with Axis2 1.2. It looks like
Chris is using a prior version judging by the Sandesha1.1 reference? You
need to make sure you get the Sandesha1.2 mar and jars if you are using
Axis2 1.2.

Ted

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Chris

Thanks for the debug and issues.

You need to edit the first (src/) services.xml because the other one
is copied over during the ant build.

Then rebuild.

 The other option is to enable it globally across your server's axis2.xml

Under the global modules section you will find:
    <module ref="addressing"/>
Add
    <module ref="sandesha2"/>

Paul

On 6/12/07, Chris Schumann <cs...@twp-llc.com> wrote:
> Thanks Paul!
>
> Thanks so much for your help.
>
> Your page is kind of terse, and a little out of date. Here are my notes:
>
> - Sandesha 1.2 is available
> - There is no <services> tag in services.xml. There is a <service> tag.
> - There are two services.xml in the sample source:
>   o samples/version/src/sample/axisversion/META-INF/services.xml
>   o samples/version/build/classes/META-INF/services.xml
>
> In any case, I already had Version running, but not quite as your guide
> suggests. Here's what I get from localhost:8080/axis2/services:
>
> Deployed Services
> Version
> Available operations
> o getVersion
>
> I did add the phases, and when I start axis2 running there is this line:
> INFO: Deploying module: sandesha2-1.1
>
> There are no errors reported.
>
> I figured I should stop here because I'm not seeing the Sandesha2Operations.
>
> What's next? Edit the services.xml file? Which one?
>
> Chris
>

> Paul Fremantle said:
> > Chris
> >
> > I posted a getting started guide on my blog.
> > http://pzf.fremantle.org/2007/05/getting-started-with-wsrm-and-axis2.html
> >
> > Let me know if it helps (or doesn't!)
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 6/12/07, Chris Schumann <cs...@twp-llc.com> wrote:
> >> I've been tasked with showing WS-RM using Sandesha, but I'm totally
> >> inexperienced in making Java work.
> >>
> >> I'm running Fedora Core 6, and I think I have Axis2 running. I tried
> >> following the Sandesha instructions, but FC6 comes with some other
> >> Java, and I get Incompatible magic number.
> >>
> >> I have installed Sun's jdk, but I don't know how to set my CLASSPATH
> >> properly to get the demo to compile. I'm getting errors like "package
> >> org.apache.axiom.om does not exist"
> >>
> >> Tips and pointers greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Chris

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
> > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle