Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by shams jawaid <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/21 14:48:06 UTC

SOAP/Database

Hi,

I have a quick but urgent question. I have a java web service, that communicates with a mysql server, to query and update the database. When the java web service communicates with the mysql database, is it sending a SOAP request to the mysql database? i have jdbc configured, so is it purely a jdbc request to the database? I am trying to understand the communication between a java web service and a database server.

Thanks
Get Hotmail on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 now!
http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx

Re: SOAP/Database

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Your question is not very clear to me. But if your looking to expose a
database as a web service then you could have a look at the WSO2 Web
Services Application Server (WSAS) which is available under the Apache
licence and is built on top of Axis2. It has a cool feature called Data
Services which helps you expose a database as a web service by just
configuring via a simple config language. You can find details of WSAS at
[1] and specifically about data services at [2]

[1] http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java
[2] http://wso2.org/library/3183

Thanks,
Keith.

--
Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

RE: SOAP/Database

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
To use a database from Java, learn JDBC.  It matters not what you're
calling it from, a web service, a Swing GUI, or anything else.