Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Petersen <ro...@buy.com> on 2010/07/01 00:06:18 UTC

tomcat solr logs

Sorry if this is at all off topic.  Our solr log files need grooming and we would also like to analyze them, perhaps pulling various data points into a DB table, is there a preferred app for doing log file analysis and/or an easy way to delete the old log files?

Re: tomcat solr logs

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Robert,

You may want to check out Flume for log file collection:
http://github.com/cloudera/flume. We don't currently allow Flume to populate
a Solr index, but that would be quite an interesting use case!

Later,
Jeff