Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Brian S. Meehan" <br...@meehanontheweb.com> on 2006/10/26 20:48:35 UTC

Spam isn't getting caught, can anyone help please?

I know y'all are smart, just looking for a little help on this one.

In addition to the below info, spamassassin -lint works fine and quietly.

Thanks,
Brian

Subject: upgraded, now no spam is caught
From:    "Brian S. Meehan" <br...@meehanontheweb.com>
Date:    Wed, October 25, 2006 09:51
To:      "list_spamassassin" <us...@spamassassin.apache.org>

I upgraded spamassassin from 3.0.4 to 3.1.7 and now no spam is getting
caught. My mail server (courier-MTA) is still sending mail through spamc
before it hits maildrop, so I know it's being processed. I found one
header in a single message out of about fifty:
I'm still running sa-learn on my mail folders as before and it's seen well
over 100 spam. bayes_seen and bayes_toks are growing in size so they must
be updating.
Before upgrade, I preserved my bayesfiles, then copied them back over. I
also preserved the old spamassassin folder and updated the new local.cf
with the prevoius settings:

rewrite_header SUBJECT  **SPAM**
dns_available yes
required_score 4.0
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayesfiles/bayes
use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10
bayes_file_mode 0777
report_safe 0
trusted_networks 192.168.1.101
bayes_ignore_header X-purgate
bayes_ignore_header X-purgate-ID
bayes_ignore_header X-purgate-Ad
bayes_ignore_header X-GMX-Antispam
bayes_ignore_header X-Antispam
bayes_ignore_header X-Spamcount
bayes_ignore_header X-Spamsensitivity

Anyone have any helpful hints? I'm out of ideas.
Thanks much,
Brian

--
"All people who think everything is either black or white are idiots."

--
"All people who think everything is either black or white are idiots."

Re: Spam isn't getting caught, can anyone help please?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 11:48 AM 10/26/2006, you wrote:
>I know y'all are smart, just looking for a little help on this one.
>
>In addition to the below info, spamassassin -lint works fine and quietly.

I'm sorta a newbie too, but..

Have you tried sending yourself a gtube message?

http://spamassassin.apache.org/gtube/

Re: Spam isn't getting caught, can anyone help please?

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
Have you restarted spamd?  Is it running?