Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Basin Ilya <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/16 13:26:48 UTC

nbdeploy does not unpack *.rar in dist/gfdeploy/Appname

Hi.

I have a pre-built resource adapter archive (*.rar) file which I need to make part of a Netbeans Enterprise Application project.

In project properties in Build > Packaging I added this *.rar file and set Location In Archive to root (/).

There's also an EJB module project that uses classes from the *.rar. When I build the *.ear file and deploy it manually to Glassfish, all is fine.

However, when I deploy the app project from Netbeans, my EJB can't access the classes within the *.rar and throws a NoClassDefFoundError. If I put the file application.xml into src/conf/, deploy from Netbeans fails with:

    IllegalArgumentException: Expected to find an expanded directory for submodule my.rar but found a JAR.  If this is a directory deployment be sure to expand all submodules.

I thought I could create an unpacking hook in build.xml, but this task <nbdeploy> cleans everything I created manually in dist/gfdeploy/Appname/ and this very task then tries to deploy the app:

    <target if="netbeans.home" name="-run-deploy-nb">
        <nbdeploy clientModuleUri="${client.module.uri}" clientUrlPart="${client.urlPart}" debugmode="false" forceRedeploy="${forceRedeploy}"/>
    </target>

How do you normally develop resource adapters (not pre-built, native projects, not Maven) with Netbeans? I don's see a template for that.