Posted to user@struts.apache.org by peter lee <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/29 21:23:52 UTC

My struts1 app with sslext used. How to upgrade it to struts2?

Hello,

  My struts1 app is using sslext for https switch. How to upgrade it to struts2?

  Thanks,
  peter

---------------------------------
Building a website is a piece of cake.

Re: My struts1 app with sslext used. How to upgrade it to struts2?

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
There is no standard convention in S2 yet AFAIK, but this is what you
need to do:

1. setup your web.xml security constraints
2. split your s2 actions into packages, with a namespace matching the
url for the security constraint for the protected pages
3. Avoid hardcoding the URL's in your jsp. All the S2 tags respect the
existing protocol and port.
4. if you need redirect, implement a interceptor to do do this.

Item 4 is not essential unless you're sending request/post parameters
across protocols (sslext includes this functionality).  An interceptor
is not shipped with S2 yet,  however Shahak Nageil contributed his
version on this mailing list in early June with the subject "SSL
Interceptor".

regards,
  Jeromy Evans