Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by daveOSGi <dw...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/01 00:46:00 UTC

DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Hello,
I'm trying to use the fast infoset feature with DOSGi and I am having no
luck.
I have tried with both the 1.0 and 1.1-Snapshot of DOSGi

I guess the first question is: Does/should DOSGi support FI CXF feature?

If it does/should, what do I need to do to get it to work?

I noticed that the FastInfoset-xxxx.jar is not included in the multi
distribution of DOSGi and so  I went ahead and download a FI bundle from the
SpringSource repository and tried to get things to work with that ... but to
no avail.

I am trying to set up DOSGi to always use FI ... so I beleive i need to
configure the CXF bus with the FI feature using the cxf.xml file.
Unforunately, it is not clear from the documentation how I would do that in
a DOSGi configuration.

Can you please provide some guidance on how I should proceed.

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Re: DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Posted by gengbats <th...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, if you'd open this
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-commits/201003.mbox/%3C20100324080421.B460623889C5@eris.apache.org%3E
and search for 'fast infoset' you'll see a comment saying that fast infoset
is not (yet) compatible with OSGi. This seems true, because I've tried about
everything :)
I am wondering whether you got it working somehow though.
-gb

Re: DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
Probably just needs a new fastinfoset intent that maps onto the
FastInfosetFeature.

Try adding something like the following to the
dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/cxf/intents/intent-map.xml:

    <bean id="intentMap" class="org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.qos.IntentMap">
       <property name="intents">
         <map>
           <entry key="addressing" value-ref="nonDecoupledAddressing"/>
           <entry key="logging" value-ref="messageLogging"/>
           <entry key="SOAP" value-ref="soap11Binding"/>
           <entry key="SOAP.1_1" value-ref="soap11Binding"/>
           <entry key="SOAP.1_2" value-ref="soap12Binding"/>
           <entry key="HTTP" value="PROVIDED"/>
           <entry key="fastinfoset" value="fastinfosetFeature"/>
         </map>
       </property>
    </bean>

    <bean id="fastinfosetFeature"
class="org.apache.cxf.feature.FastInfosetFeature"/>

Then add "fastinfoset" to the intents property on the client and server side.

Cheers,
Eoghan

2009/7/1  <da...@apache.org>:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I think Fast Infosets are currently not supported in CXF/DOSGi. I
> can't remember why, maybe Sergey or Eoghan remembers.
> If you manage to get them working, please contribute a patch :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> 2009/6/30 daveOSGi <dw...@yahoo.com>:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to use the fast infoset feature with DOSGi and I am having no
>> luck.
>> I have tried with both the 1.0 and 1.1-Snapshot of DOSGi
>>
>> I guess the first question is: Does/should DOSGi support FI CXF feature?
>>
>> If it does/should, what do I need to do to get it to work?
>>
>> I noticed that the FastInfoset-xxxx.jar is not included in the multi
>> distribution of DOSGi and so  I went ahead and download a FI bundle from the
>> SpringSource repository and tried to get things to work with that ... but to
>> no avail.
>>
>> I am trying to set up DOSGi to always use FI ... so I beleive i need to
>> configure the CXF bus with the FI feature using the cxf.xml file.
>> Unforunately, it is not clear from the documentation how I would do that in
>> a DOSGi configuration.
>>
>> Can you please provide some guidance on how I should proceed.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> -Dave
>> --

Re: DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Posted by da...@apache.org.

Re: DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
Yep, though in general the idea in dOSGi would be to avoid bleading
any distribution concerns into the service interface. So that any POJO
service can be transparently exposed (modulo some property settings),
and is equally suitable for mediation by different distribution
providers.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Re: DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: DOSGi and Fast InfoSets

Posted by gengbats <th...@hotmail.com>.
Hi!
If you'd look here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-commits/201003.mbox/%3C20100324080421.B460623889C5@eris.apache.org%3E
and search for 'fast infoset' a comment sais it isn't compatible with osgi
(yet). This seems true, because I've tried about everything.
I am wondering if you managed to get it working somehow though.