Posted to user@poi.apache.org by EA...@helvetiaprevision.com on 2006/06/29 09:58:00 UTC

missing borders in a merged region

Hello,

I am new to the mailing list, so apologizes in advance in case this
question has already being made.
My question (or just a commnet, hopefuly not too anoying) is about
creating merged regions using the HSSF package to generate "excel"
spreadsheet files. In case I want to set borders to that merged region, as
long as I know, I must set borders to all the cells that lie "behind" the
merged region instead of setting it directly to the merged region.

If there is not any direct way to do this, it is somewhat weird behavior,
since in openoffice calc application it can be done directly.

Let me make a second question. Is there any way to autofit the column
width?

Thanks in advance  and congratulations for the POI library, I am very
satisfied with it.

Eguzki Astiz Lezaun
Helvetia Prevision
Software engineer

AW: missing borders in a merged region

Posted by Karsten Voges <ka...@jato-consulting.de>.
For a easier handling of merged regions have a look at the poi-contrib.jar
HtH,
Karsten.