Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2018/07/12 07:32:56 UTC

Replace Basic Zone creation in UI by 'Easy Mode' (Advanced Zone)

Hi,

I've brought this up before and even opened a PR [0] to disable Basic
Zone creation, but after some discussion and good feedback I think we
can do it differently.

In the UI we now have a wizard popping up when starting for the first
time where you can then create a new zone.

I think we can remove the Basic Zone here as it is right now and add a
'Easy Mode' where a Advanced Zone is created with vlan://untagged as
isolation with Security Grouping enabled just as it would be with a
Basic Zone.

Now, I'm not a UI nor JavaScript expert at all, so I wouldn't know how
to fix this, but is there somebody who wants to jump in and help with this?

Wido

[0]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2720