Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kuldeep Bhanja <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/25 10:59:22 UTC

Derby db issue

Hi,

I am creating an application in java and using derby db as relational
database. I have secured the database with username and password.

I want that no one can see the database values. but after starting the
application, i use dbvisualizer to see the db table values. i can able to
see the values even though i am giving wrong username and password.

Can you please suggest me what should i do in this case to secure or it is
an issue of derby db??

Thanks,
Kuldeep bhanja

Re: Derby db issue

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 9/25/14 1:59 AM, Kuldeep Bhanja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating an application in java and using derby db as relational
> database. I have secured the database with username and password.
>
> I want that no one can see the database values. but after starting the
> application, i use dbvisualizer to see the db table values. i can able
> to see the values even though i am giving wrong username and password.
>
> Can you please suggest me what should i do in this case to secure or
> it is an issue of derby db??
>
> Thanks,
> Kuldeep bhanja
Hi Kuldeep,

If you haven't consulted the Derby Security Guide, please take a look at
it: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.11/security/index.html. Which
authentication scheme are you using (NATIVE, LDAP, or custom)?

Thanks,
-Rick